I am registered for classes! The excitement is real, I couldn’t be happier. I had to take 17 credits which is 9 classes I am getting ready to have no life at school(haha!). I know I signed up fashion drawing, color theory, pattern making, draping, sewing, fashion history, and I forgot what else…… Anyway now I am going to start getting dorm stuff. I am also still trying to find ways to pay for the school (yikes!), which is $66,000 a year. I think it is worth it since it is the top fashion school in the U.S. And third in the world. Definitely proud to say I got into a school like that! Well my boyfriend took me shopping yesterday to congratulate me, we were going to go out to eat but I don’t really need food. I got a beautiful white dress from Express I am going to wear to my going away party and cruise.
2015 was not such a good year for me…my grandfather passing, a somewhat of a bad relationship, didn’t get accepted to a school, boring summer…the list continues. I do believe 2016 will be better, I have a lot plan including trips, applying to another school and hopefully moving to NYC (so I can start a career or something!). Anyway I did have good hairstyles and outfits this year! I can tell my style is evolving and definitely being more “put together” than before. I will share my favorites of the year!
I have been lazy!!!! I meant to update my blog and never did! A lot has been going on good and bad……. but the bad is not my situation it is what someone else is going through. I pray for both families that they heal because what has happened was unfortunate to both parties. Anyway because I cannot stand depressing things, I have had a good few weeks, I’m going to recap for you all : ).
My Grandpop’s Birthday party
Launch for a Jewelry Collection
One of my best friends cousin’s was re-launching her jewelry business again.
My Trip to Pittsburgh to Visit one of my Besties
While I was there we went to a vintage decorated bowling alley. We were really amazed because it was really pretty and different! We had fun that night! We also did alot of other things…before I got sick the last two days of my stay.
I have enjoyed my few weeks!!!! I am back in school but that doesn’t mean my summer is over : ), I still have a lot to do.
Bloggers that I come by I always want to know more about them….where are they from, what do they like to do, what is their favorite color, etc. I don’t know what it is, I’m not nosey I just like to get to know people. Now I am going to do give my readers an inside on my life and who I am personally.
1. I am 5″2 ( i think) and wear a size 10 in sneakers and 9-9.5 in heels
2. My favorite color is blue but i love colors in general…never liked black but now I do
3. I get asked if I’m mixed a lot….no I am Black or African American but down the line my ancestry is made of French, Pennsylvanian Dutch, Native American and whatever else.
4.I LOVE FOOD….why I cannot lose weight. Sweets and pizza are my weakness
5. I am a true Libra….everything about a libra is me to a T
6. I am actually somewhat of a shy person and was nervous about doing this blog at first
7. I am an artsy person, I always loved to draw and paint, fashion, or basically anything that ppl consider art
8. I use to love to write I was in a special writing class in school because I wrote so well
9. I was a spelling bee champ!!! First place at my school, fourth place in the whole school district (and i was the only girl and black child), and after that i didn’t go further
10. I hate ketchup, BBQ sauce, mayo and other things people mainly like
11. I prefer colder seasons I cannot function when it is hot
12. I listen to all types of music and I am a big Amy Winehouse fan
13. I got best dressed in middle school I didn’t in high school (my senior year) because i just didn’t care about dressing (well from time to time to time i did) all i wanted to do was graduate
14. I was on prom court
15. I am very easy to get along with and been told that I am like the friendliest person. Very bubbly personality too (until I get angry) and I like having friends of all kinds
16. I have a car I named putt putt
17. Clean/neat freak
18. First impression is everything to me
19. I’ve been told that I walk like a penguin…which I do
20. Even though I was always into fashion, I did not know what to do with my life until a few years ago while watching the show “Single Ladies” which made me want a career in fashion
21. I consider myself a feminist but I do not bash men nor hate them
22. I am a deep thinker and like long intellectual conversations, also talk about society problems which I would love to help change
23. I am scared of heights
24. The mall is my happy place
25. I love nicely decorated homes
26. I get bored with my hair easily and switch it up a lot. My next hair color is pink : )
27. I do not play when it comes to men and their games haha my friends always ask how I get over break-ups so easily and how I don’t take men’s bs
28. My name is pronounced uh-brill-ya…my mom got the abril part from a soap opera and her and my sister came up with the rest
29. I have two siblings: my sister is ten years older than me my brother is ten years you have than me. My sister is from my mom and my brother is from my dad. My cousin I grew up with is like my brother and I have a niece and nephew that are 10 and 11 years younger than me
30. I love the thrill of being scared so I like scary movies and haunted attractions or places. Oh and roller coaster do not give me that same effect because i basically hate them (well the real scary ones).
31. I had braces
32. Love animals especially dogs
33. I am a very open-minded person
34. I am somewhat of a hippie and wish I was born earlier so I could have went to Woodstock
35. I am extremely silly and has a good sense of humor
Now you know more about me : ).
I’m really excited about starting my new blog! And let me tell you it took me forever to figure out how to make it, thank God I had help from a fellow blogger and youtube or I would have still been stuck. With this blog, I want to share my fashion style and some other things that deal with fashion to those who follow me. I hope you will enjoy my future posts that will be put up!!!!